You can register on the home page by navigating to MY ACCOUNT on the toolbar or by clicking on the auction link and placing a bid. For a step-by step tutorial click the link below:
**If you bid with us through HiBid.com, you will need to create a new account before registering**
Browse the sale
Place an absentee bid. What’s that?
- Place your max absentee bid. This means you are placing the highest amount you are willing to pay for the item. If a competing bid is placed on that lot, the computer system will automatically place the next highest bid on your behalf until your maximum is reached. You can also bid in real time throughout the soft close.
Watch and wait.
- Be sure to keep your eye on the countdown on each lot, and don’t wait too long to place your bids!
- Remember to refresh your screen regularly
- The lot closes when there is no more active bidding.
What’s a soft close?
- Each time a lot receives a new bid as the sale closes, it will stay “live” for another 3 minutes to give competing bidders another chance. The lot closes when there’s no more active bidding. Be sure to refresh the page and keep your eye on the countdown!
What if I get outbid? *hint* You can outbid them, too!
- Being outbid means someone is offering to pay more on a lot you placed a bid on.
- You should get a notification email as soon as someone outbids you. If this happens before the soft close you can place a bid and outbid them. If the auction is closing but the lot hasn’t closed yet, you can place a higher bid and restart the clock on that lot for another 3 minutes.
Things to remember
- Be sure to refresh the webpage regularly so you don't miss any competing bids.
- Check your spam folder for an outbid notification! If this happens, you can mark the email as ‘not spam’ so it won’t happen again.
- Be aware of the buyer’s premium and sales tax
- You are required to pay tax unless you are a dealer with a valid resale number OR you are located out of state & are having items shipped to you.
- 25% buyer's premium for cash, check, and credit card payments
- A 3.5% processing fee will be added to all credit card payments
After the auction - collect your new treasures
- We accept checks, credit cards, and cash.
- We may need to hold your items until payment has been received or checks have cleared.
- All sales are subject to our Terms and Conditions, please read them!
Pick-up your items
Items must be picked up at our warehouse.
Shipping your items
- We do not offer in-house packing or shipping option; however, you’ll find a list here.
- Feel free to contact us for any assistance with shipping your purchases. We want to help!
- More questions about the auction process?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (929) 303-3266.
- You can find out more about selling further down on this page.
Things to remember
- We do not offer in-house shipping, but we know a guy (or two). View our list of recommended shippers here
- Pick-ups are by appointment only and are scheduled Monday - Friday between the hours of 10am-4pm.
- Please remember to wear a mask
Interested in selling?
We make it easy for you. We purchase outright vintage furniture, glass, objects, lighting, and more!
Got photographs? Send us a few sample shots of your items to email@example.com and one of our team members will get back to you. We love to see what treasures you got to offer!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (929) 303-3266 to find out more
What’s in your storage unit?
Maybe it's time to break up with the old furniture, silver, china art, coins and jewelry you never use anymore.
719 East 134th Street Bronx, NY 10454
- Pick up your items Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Appointments are first-come, first-serve, so please call ahead to reserve your time slot
- We require 24 hours' notice in advance of pick up.
- NY State sales tax of 8.875% must be added to your invoice when picking up merchandise unless you have a valid resale number on file at the Hayloft offices.
- Please bring your own packing materials.
- Lots left unclaimed within 30 days will be considered abandoned at the buyer’s expense.
- Storage fees of $5 per lot per day begin accruing 14 days after the sale for any unclaimed merchandise as well as to previously won lots that remain at our warehouse. storage fees must be paid in full in order to allow release of items.
10421-A Metropolitan Avenue,
Kensington, MD 20895
- Pickups are by appointment only, according to procedures for social distancing.
- Call ahead and we can discuss how we can make you comfortable picking up.
- We can typically accommodate shipping smaller items or things that are not incredibly fragile and don't need special packing, large double boxes, etc.
We will begin charging storage fees of $5 per lot per day starting the Monday a week after the sale for any unclaimed merchandise.
Hayloft does not ship, however, we have several options for you if shipping is your preference. See our list below for recommended shippers. Feel free to contact us for any assistance with shipping your purchases.
For DC Metro auction winnings, transfers from DC to Bronx is available with a fee. Only paid property can be transferred and it may 3-4 weeks following a sale for items to arrive in NYC in order to provide this as a lower cost alternative to our frequent buyers.
New York & Tri-State