How to Hayloft:
- To participate in our auctions, you must register on our website. Once you start bidding, you can opt for email notifications (in account settings) when someone has outbid you, so you can bid again if you like. Or, you may want to leave an absentee bid--that is, enter in the highest amount you're willing to pay for the lot. When other bidders place bids on the same lot, the computer system will automatically place the next highest bid on your behalf, until your maximum is reached (the computer stops bidding for you if the price surpasses your limit). Note our auctions are online only; we do not accept phone bids.
- The auction catalogue is online and open for bidding for 5 days (usually starting on a Wednesday, and closing on a Sunday at 7 pm). The auction ends in a "soft close"--that means for every new bid, the lot will stay "live" another 3 minutes to allow competing bidders to bid, so there's no mad dash of mouse-clicking at the end of the sale! The lot closes when there is no more active bidding. Be sure to keep your eye on the countdown on each lot!
Here are a few more things you should know:
- 23% buyer's premium and sales tax (if applicable) will be added to your winning bid.
- Shipping: At this time, items are available for pick-up from our NYC warehouse located at 719 East 134th Street, Bronx NY 10454 within the first 48 hours after the sale closes. After that, storage charges may apply. Please contact Brian (email@example.com) to update him on your shipping status or ask him to recommend a shipper.
- Payment: Checks, credit cards, and cash are all cool. We may need to hold your items until payment has been received or checks have cleared.
All sales are subject to our Terms and Conditions, please read them!